Usability & Digital Experience
Key Areas Of Expertise
- Stay on top of current digital marketing, social media, and digital experience to assist with best practices and recommendations.
- Conduct audits of web pages to establish the information architecture of the site and analyze the information to develop best practices.
- Established web standards and guidelines for intranet.
- Developed communication plan and external communications for multiple web enhancements affecting clients.
- Created content strategy for resources/help area to make it easier for clients to find the information they need when it’s needed.
- Developed user experience for internal web application for sales representatives.
- Created a HTML email template design that was compatible with the majority of email clients providing a more consistent experience.
- Created a simple content management system for a freelance project.
- Development of site maps, navigation, wireframes, and screen mockups ensuring the best user experience.
- Develop content and communication strategies for web sites.
- Experience in user interface design for web applications and sites based on business and technical requirements.
- Experience in designing marketing landing pages and HTML emails.
- Experience in creating CSS-based web designs while maintaining cross-browser compatibility.
- Manage web site design from concept to full implementation including client interface.
- Experience in managing technical projects and action as a liaison between business and IT teams.
- Experience building website using Drupal.
- Experience working with social media.
- Experience in taking content inventory and organization of content.
- Knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO) and web accessibility standards.
- Experience in writing technical communications, user guides, and web page content.
- May 2015 – present Alliance Technologies
- Senior Web Developer
- October 2011 – May 2015 PRINCIPAL FINANCIAL GROUP
- Lead Digital Strategist, Retirement & Investment Services, Marketing & Communications
- March 2010 – October 2011 MARSH & McLENNAN COMPANIES
- Senior Web Consultant, Marsh U.S. Consumer, Marketing
- 2009 – 2010 PRINCIPAL FINANCIAL GROUP
- Information Architect / Writer (7 Week Contract), Corporate Web Team
- 2007 – 2009 AMERICAN ENTERPRISE
- Web Project Manager, eBusiness/Marketing
- 1992 – 2007 WELLS FARGO/WELLS FARGO HOME MORTGAGE
- Web Developer (IT Department), 2007
- Business Systems Consultant (IT Department), 2005-2007
- Web Developer (Communications), 1999-2005
- Senior Compensation Analyst (Human Resources), 1998-1999
- Compensation Analyst (Human Resources), 1997-1998
- Compensation Specialist (Human Resources), 1995-1997
- Licensing Assistant (Legal), 1994-1995
- Accounting Specialist (Accounts Payable), 1992-1994
- 2006 – Present FREELANCE
Education & Certifications
- Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, 2012
Masters of Science, Human Computer Interaction
- Drake University, Des Moines, Iowa, 1992
Bachelor of Science, Psychology, Minor/Business Administration
- Certified Usability Analyst, Human Factors International, 2007