Download a PDF version
Usability Consultant / Digital Strategist
- Developed content and communication strategies for web sites.
- Experience in user interface design for web applications and sites based on business & technical requirements.
- Experience in designing marketing landing pages and HTML emails.
- Experience in designing content for mobile devices.
- Development of site maps, navigation, wireframes, and screen mockups ensuring the best user experience.
- Experience in taking content inventory and organization of content.
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and web accessibility standards.
- Experience designing and maintaining internal and external web sites using HTML and CSS.
- Experience in creating CSS-based page layouts while maintaining cross-browser functionality.
- Manage web site design from concept to full implementation including client interface.
- Experience in managing technical projects and acting as a liaison between a line of business and IT.
- Developed company standards for intranet.
- Trending of Internet sites using Google Analytics.
- Experience in writing technical communications, user guides, and writing web page.
- October 2011 – present PRINCIPAL FINANCIAL GROUP
- Lead Digital Strategist, Retirement & Investment Services
- March 2010 – October 2011 MARSH & McLENNAN COMPANIES
- Senior Web Consultant, Marsh U.S. Consumer
- 2009 – 2010 PRINCIPAL FINANCIAL GROUP
- Information Architect / Writer (7 Week Contract)
- 2007 – 2009 AMERICAN ENTERPRISE
- 1992 – 2007 WELLS FARGO/WELLS FARGO HOME MORTGAGE
- Web Developer (IT Department), 2007
- Business Systems Consultant, 2005-2007
- Web Developer, 1999-2005
- Senior Compensation Analyst, 1998-1999
- Compensation Analyst, 1997-1998
- Compensation Specialist, 1995-1997
- Licensing Assistant, 1994-1995
- Accounting Specialist, 1992-1994
- 2006 – Present FREELANCE
Education & Certifications
- Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, 2012
Masters Degree, Human Computer Interaction
- Drake University, Des Moines, Iowa, 1992
Bachelor of Science, Psychology, Minor/Business Administration
- Certified Usability Analyst, Human Factors International, 2007
- Member: Usability Professionals’ Association (UPA)
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Adobe Photoshop & Dreamweaver
- Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Axure Pro
- Microsoft Office & Visio
- OS X & Windows platforms